- USDA … Loan Programs:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture offers a variety of programs to help low to moderate-income individuals living in small towns or rural areas in Connecticut achieve homeownership. The Rural Housing Service of USDA helps qualifying applicants, who cannot receive credit from other sources, purchase modestly priced homes as their primary residence.
USDA Rural Program Offers Real Perks:
- Loan amount based on the appraised value (Regardless of the selling price)
- Minimal closing cost
- Closing costs can be paid by seller or gifted
- No down payment
- No monthly Mortgage Insurance
- Up to 103.5% LTV if 3.50% guarantee fee is financed
USDA loans can be used toward the purchase of your primary residence.
Existing USDA borrowers can at any time refinance there loans.
Families must be able to pay their monthly mortgage, homeowner's insurance and property taxes.
USDA loans are available in many Counties in Connecticut
Contact us to find out if you qualify for an USDA loan!
USDA Borrower Advantages
- No down payment required. 100% financing available.
- Not limited to First Time Homebuyers! This program is also available for the move up homebuyer.
- More affordable than FHA.
USDA Program Features
- Guarantee Fee applies: may be financed and added to the loan amount.
- Flexible credit guidelines and 640 Credit Score.
- Qualifying ratios are 29% for housing costs and 41% for total debt. Lenders may request an exception to exceed these ratios when strong compensating factors are identified.
- Closing costs may be paid by seller, financed (if eligible), paid by lender credit, or paid by borrower.
- Flips over 20% acquisitions are allowed.
USDA Property Eligibility:
You might be surprised to find what properties are located in a USDA tract!